JSCoverage for the locale specific js files

Questions, problems, suggestions, bug reports, and so on.
subba rao

JSCoverage for the locale specific js files

Post by subba rao »

Hi,

I am using datepicker plugin in jQuery and in that i am using france specific locale, when i ran jscoverage for this file i am getting a message as SyntaxError: illegal character. jscoverage wont support locale??

Thanks

Subba rao :)
Ed

Re: JSCoverage for the locale specific js files

Post by Ed »

Have you tried using the --encoding option?

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I tried it but it is asking for the --encoding=ENCODING, what we need mention in ENCODING part, i mention the path for the locale folder where i had all the locale specifics. It is giving an error as it is not supproting.
C:\Documents and Settings\subbu\Desktop\jscoverage-0.4>jscoverage --encoding=C:\
js\datepicker\locale\ui.datepicker-fr.js C:\radmin C:\jscoverage
jscoverage: encoding C:\js\datepicker\locale\ui
.datepicker-fr.js not supported

Regds,
Subba rao
Ed

Post by Ed »

You need to specify the character encoding being used by your files. For example, --encoding=UTF-8.

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I tried in that way also, but it is giving error when it is converting datepickercontrol.js file, you can download it form http://plugins.jquery.com/project/datepick.

Thanks
Subba Rao
Ed

Post by Ed »

I couldn't find the file "datepickercontrol.js" you mentioned, but it looks like there are some issues with the package:
  • The file jquery.datepick.min.js contains syntax errors.
  • The package mixes different character encodings (UTF-8, ISO-8859-1). JSCoverage currently cannot handle this.
Since you likely do not want code coverage statistics for 3rd party libraries anyway, the easiest thing to do is just to use the --no-instrument command-line option to skip the directory containing the datepicker package.