Suggestion for future release

Questions, problems, suggestions, bug reports, and so on.
danh2000

Suggestion for future release

Post by danh2000 »

Hi,

Many of my classes have browser specific code so I often get a false negatives in my coverage reports depending on the browser I run the coverage report in.

For this situation, and probably useful in other situations I'd love to have the ability to specify processing instructions and conditional coverage reporting in comments around sections of code.

I think commands like 'IGNORE' and 'IGNORE_IF' and the ability to test the browser and version would be really useful.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance,

Dan Humphrey
siliconforks
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for future release

Post by siliconforks »

I will look into it, but it would be tricky with the current implementation, as the underlying SpiderMonkey JavaScript parser discards all comments in the code.

You may want to try the version under development in the Subversion repository - it can store coverage reports and merge reports from different browsers into a single, unified report.
danh2000

Post by danh2000 »

siliconforks wrote:You may want to try the version under development in the Subversion repository - it can store coverage reports and merge reports from different browsers into a single, unified report.
Thanks for your prompt reply - that sounds like it will do what I need, I'll be sure to check out the SVN code.

Cheers,

Dan Humphrey
siliconforks
Site Admin

Post by siliconforks »

Some conditional coverage directives are now supported by the code in the Subversion repository. Documentation is included in doc/manual.html.

I changed the sense of the conditional - "IF" instead of "IGNORE_IF" - I think this is easier to understand (you can often use the same condition that you previously used in an if statement).

Any feedback is appreciated.